Installing Vivaldi from the AUR often causes issues, usually regarding media. Instead we all on the forum recommend installing it from the
herecura repository (its maintainer says it’s only guaranteed to work with Arch, but based on several long-term Vivaldi [Stable & Snapshot] Linux users it works reliably also with most Arch derivatives as well).
Here’s how you do it:
- If you’ve previously installed Vivaldi from the AUR or elsewhere, uninstall it (packages:
/etc/pacman.confas the root
- Just for case, ensure there is no line like this:
- Add the following at the end of the file (start on a new line)
(Of course the line starting with
# For Vivaldi and Vivaldi Snapshot [herecura] Server = https://repo.herecura.be/$repo/$arch
#is a comment.)
- Save the file
- Either from the command line or from your favourite GUI app, sync the repository databases (again, as the root). I recommend also installing any updates.
- Install the package you want (again, you can use the GUI)
pacman -S vivaldi vivaldi-ffmpeg-codecs
pacman -S vivaldi-snapshot vivaldi-snapshot-ffmpeg-codecs
herecura/for each of the packages, e.g.